Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been asked to run a lot of stats about the top-circulating books of the year. Running all the reports about kids’ items got me wondering: what did the grown-ups read at the Camden Public Library this year?
I put together the list based solely on the number of checkouts a title had in the past year. As is traditional this time of year, we’ll count down from 10 to 1, 1 being the number one most-circulated book of 2015.
And here’s our countdown!
10. Adventures in Comfort Food : Incredible, Delicious, and New Recipes from a Unique, Small-Town Restaurant by Kerry Altiero, chef/owner of Cafe Miranda in Rockland, Maine
9. Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes for a Relaxed Gluten-Free Lifestyle by Caitlin Weeks, NC, Chef Nabil Boumrar, and Diane Sanfilippo
8. Flea-Market Fabulous: Designing Gorgeous Rooms with Vintage Treasures by Lara Spencer
7. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s Learned by Lena Dunham
6. Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off Meals Straight From the Oven by Molly Gilbert
5. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
4. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
3. Sweet Paul Eat & Make: Charming Recipes and Kitchen Crafts You Will Love by Paul Lowe
2. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
1. The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
10. Laidlaw by William McIlvanney
9. A Fine Summer’s Day by Charles Todd
8. A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
7. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
6. Robert B. Parker’s Kickback by Ace Atkins
5. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. Rizzoli & Isles: Die Again by Tess Gerritsen
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
2. Gray Mountain by John Grisham
1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
So there you have it, our top 10 reads for 2015 as read by the patrons at the Camden Public Library! Keep on reading in 2016, and Happy New Year!